Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I am finding the best way to deal with the 902 and 902xl issues is to throw your HP printer away and buy an Epson with the ink tank.  I have had no luck getting any sympathy or help from HP with my case.  I've been a die-hard HP Printer guy my entire adult life (I'm 57 now), and find their lack of support distressing.  I bought the Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-one because of the quality of print for my small business.  I use my printer on a daily basis for producing color reports for my clients that I consult for.  Can't do that if I can't get Ink.  The last contact I had with them, discussing the issue, I was told the cartridge recall issue has been resolved, but I still can't buy ink on-line or locally at Staples or Walmart.  They said I was not accessing the store at the "RIGHT TIME" and must be missing when stock becomes available.  I was advised that I should use the Instant Ink option to make sure I would always have ink.  I tried signing up through my printer software for over a week, and keep getting the error that there is a server error, and I should try again later.  I gave up on that, went online to the Instant Ink website, re-entered all of my information and at the last page, was told my printer was not eligible for Instant Ink.  So I am done with HP.  Epson has several printers that use an Ink Tank that you can see how much ink is in there, and you can buy these really big bottles of ink that will last you a year or better per bottle.  I'm switching.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DRBoomer, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.