Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-03-2022 03:38 PM - last edited on 06-03-2022 04:10 PM by MayS
I need your help to understand how this HP instant ink trial works on replacement printer
I purchased an HP Envy 6230 printer ( advertised with 4 month free trial) and set up my instant ink account and got my 4+1(friend reward link) credited to my account.This happned about 2 years back , few months I referred few of my friends to instant ink and accumulated 6 months of free printing , Two months of which is still remaining as on today.
Now , Mur[hy striked, My printer is giving trouble with Wi-Fi and printing is getting interrupted again and again which is frustrating me so I have decided to buy a new Printer as the old printer is anyways outside warranty. My new Printer is advertised to come with 8 months of trial
The question is , if I replace the old printer in my HP instant ink ( 2 months of free month) account with the new printer (8 month free rial) , will my HP instant account will end up having 2+8=10 months or I will loose the 8 months of free printing as i have already used the "trial" with the existing insant ink account.
I can use different new instant ink account but in that case , I will end up loosing the 2 months in the current instant ink account linked with old printer.
Thanks in advance for your advice
06-06-2022 11:26 AM - edited 06-06-2022 11:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
I understand you would like to replace the printer on your account and you have 2 free remaining on the old printer.
Follow these steps to keep your account history, rollover pages, and free trial months:
- Make sure the new printer is HP Instant Ink compatible. If you plan to purchase one, look for the HP Instant Ink logo on the box. For warranty replacements, you will automatically be sent a compatible printer.
- Do not cancel your current Instant Ink plan.
- Once you have the new printer, log in to your account at hpinstantink.com and click Enroll/Replace Printer.
- Then follow the steps to complete enrollment of your new printer.
Important information about cartridges:
- A new set of Instant Ink cartridges will either be included with your printer or you will receive a shipment within 10 business days of replacing the printer.
- If compatible, you can also install any unused Instant Ink cartridges you may have on hand. If not compatible, please send any unused cartridges back in the included recycle bag.
- Any used cartridges you may have will not work in the new printer, so please send them back for recycling.
Also, Could you send me an image of the promotional offer(box or the leaflet that came with the printer)?
Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Hope this helps!
Keep me posted!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!