Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Unknown

I appear to be running out of Ink. My account says a color cartridge is being shipped today, and I wont receive it for (10 business days). I dont understand how being enrolled in the instant ink program I could EVER run out of ink, that is the purpose of this INSTANT ink..so i never run out. I am printing a large project for this weekend , and it doesnt appear my ink will last. What? Why? How??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @thuck,

Is your printer connected to the internet?

I understand your concern but don't worry I will try to help you out.

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

Also, if the issue still persists, please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and ship you the replacement ink cartridges.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Shipping address-

Let me know how this works!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer is ALWAYS connected to wifi, and I was just printing a large project a couple weeks ago and checked my print balance, it updated at that time and said I had plenty of ink. Now as I'm starting another large project it says I am low and has been shipped (the day I started this new project). I have not run out (yet), I did postpone printing the largest of the projects for a few more days hoping to eeek out a few pics  until i receive ink. Its just concerning (probly unnecessarily) that I will run out in the middle of printing. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, @thuck,

As these are to do with the Instant ink cartridges, I would need to know few details regarding your instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridges sorted.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message and I will do the needful.

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Jeet_singh for your kind offer, since I postponed my printing until I received my cartridge on monday, and I did in fact run out of in the middle of printing. This issue is now resolved. In the future I will not wait until I decide to do a larger project to check my ink status, and will contact support more timely to assure a new cartridge is on hand if needed. 

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.