Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am have color issues that seem to be from a mis-aligned printhead. But, when I print an alignment page and try to scan it I get the following error:

Scan incomplete

The printer was unable to scan the alignment page correctly...."

I've tried this multiple times. I've unplugged the printer. I have cleaned the printheads several times. Please help! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@smrucker Here's a few things that should help:

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate, which might fix the problem.

1. Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.

NOTE: 

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. If you have an HP DeskJet 3700 series printer, calibrate the scanner after resetting the printer.

7. Load the original document or photo, then try to scan.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Also, please check if the scanner light bat is moving when you attempt to scan and get back to us with a print quality report.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.