Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Hi.

I have an hp laptop with windows 10.

From the beginning I had Windows 10 installed.
At some point the computer asked to update Windows, I inserted a brand new Windows 10 disc that I received with the computer and started to install. When it finished, the screen brightness was low and couldn't be changed.
It says that the brightness is 100 percent also in the settings, but when you lower or increase it, nothing happens.

And it drives me crazy.
Every time there is a different error in Windows 10 and it's just annoying.
I have tried countless guides and solutions to the problem and nothing helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, I was frustrated with the link you sent.
Go for these things:
Because of this case, it can be understood that this is the cause of the problem and we recommend you to perform a recovery of Windows 10.

From the options available in the article, the most correct for you would be to follow the option of Use installation media to restore or reset the computer.

I'm sure this will solve the problem for you.

Feel free to come back with any further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I assume you know the article about changing the screen brightness and have used it.

I would appreciate some details at your disposal so that I can examine the issue in depth.

1. Have you tried changing the brightness with the buttons on the screen itself\ through the keyboard?

2. How did you install Windows10? From an update or a clean install?

3. Is the video card updated? Please make sure your video card is up to date and if not please update it and check the results.

4. I understand that you are using an HP laptop, we would be happy to know, please, which model, which video card < manufacturer and model.

I am asking these things in order to understand if the device/cards are supported in Windows 10 and in order to isolate the problem.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Waiting for updates

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Hi 🙂

1. Yes, I tried, the percentages of the brightness change but the brightness itself does not change.

2. I installed it from a brand new original Windows 10 disc. Windows 10 was installed on the computer when I bought it, but it was not a full license, so I installed the full one via disk.

3. Yes, I updated it and nothing changed. Look at an example

4. I don't really know where to see what the model of the computer is

HP Recommended

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, I was frustrated with the link you sent.
Go for these things:
Because of this case, it can be understood that this is the cause of the problem and we recommend you to perform a recovery of Windows 10.

From the options available in the article, the most correct for you would be to follow the option of Use installation media to restore or reset the computer.

I'm sure this will solve the problem for you.

Feel free to come back with any further questions.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options and check that your power options aren't affecting the brightness on your screen. While there, check that the brightness isn't automatically adjusted by your PC or laptop. Update your display drivers. Update your display drivers

Regards,

Will

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.