Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 6020e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
As the title suggests,
I have a cottage abroad, I've recently set up an Envy printer there. Usually, when I leave the property for months I switch off the power.
I understand that the Instant Ink contract allows for periods of no connection, or the printer being powered off,  the pages/ink info is updated when the connection is regained I know.
My question is, will this still be ok coping with no connection for months? even 6 months + (covid)?
I think I will get notifications telling me the printer is not connected, can I stop or reduce these notifications?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For anyone else that comes looking for an answer to this...
I had a conversation on WhatsApp with HP support, 
even if your device is powered off, and not online for 6 months or more, there is no issue with your Instant Ink agreement other than you might have some wait for fresh ink carts when you reconnect, as it will take time for the system to catch up.
I am told the device offline notifications can be stopped in the apps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

‎12-17-2019 01:59 PM - edited ‎12-17-2019 01:59 PM

This is useful information, but still, I'm trying to check that even after six months or more, the instant ink package would resume when the device is back online.

@ModUser I appreciate the feedback and will forward the same to the concerned team, that said, let me ensure we don't have any misunderstandings:

• Does that mean the cartridges will be disabled every time I turn my printer off, or when the printer turns off automatically?
    • The printer has to be connected to the Internet so that the Instant Ink servers can monitor the printer status, check ink levels and ship the ink cartridges when the ink levels are low.
      • NO, YOUR CARTRIDGES WILL NOT BE DISABLED AS SUCH, YOU CAN STILL USE IT, ONLY THEIR COUNT WILL ONLY SHOW UP WHEN YOU CONNECT IT BACK TO THE NETWORK (MEANWHILE, YOU WILL ONLY PAY FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION CHARGES)
  • Does it also mean that the cartridges will be disabled should I decide to turn my router off over night, or if my internet gets cut off for any reason? (SAME AS ABOVE)
  • In both situations, even though the printer has been turned on and re-connected to the internet after being off, will the printer still fail to send out the information needed (no. of pages... etc.) for a new instant ink replacement cartridge? (AS SOON AS ITS RECONNECTED, THE SYSTEM WILL DETECT LOW INK AND SETUP AN ORDER FOR REPLACEMENT CARTRIDGES AUTOMATICALLY.

The section c of chapter 5 is referring to temporarily disabling the account as it wouldn't work without internet, this program only works when connected to a network,

So, if you have connection issues or there's no internet for a long time, and you notice that there have not been any replacement cartridges sent to you though its depleted, its because the service is disabled due to no internet connection, however, the same can be enabled once you re-connect to the internet and let us know that you are back.

HP Recommended

For anyone else that comes looking for an answer to this...
I had a conversation on WhatsApp with HP support, 
even if your device is powered off, and not online for 6 months or more, there is no issue with your Instant Ink agreement other than you might have some wait for fresh ink carts when you reconnect, as it will take time for the system to catch up.
I am told the device offline notifications can be stopped in the apps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.