Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
DELL Vostro 5390
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I find that I am unable to complete the printer setup process on my HP Smart. the app screen stays at "Activating HP+ on your printer..." for a long time. So I can't activate my free six months of instant ink either.activating hp+.png

Then, I tried to set up the printer on my phone, and it showed me the following error page.

IMG_0352(1).PNG

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Hilary_Hu, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Have you tried reinstalling the HP Smart app?

Click here for more info on HP+ setup. The 6 months will be credited if you opted for HP+

Once enrolled, the free months will automatically be credited to your Instant Ink account.

You may also follow the steps from this document - Setup your new HP+ printer using HP Smart.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The model name is HP DeskJet 2700 All-in-One Printer series, and my printer is HP DeskJet 2710e All-in-One Printer.

HP Recommended

The model name is HP DeskJet 2700 All-in-One Printer series, and my printer is HP DeskJet 2710e All-in-One Printer.

HP Recommended

@Hilary_Hu

Did you perform the steps mentioned in my previous post?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I did. And my hp smart shows me this error page every time during setting up.

error.png

@KUMAR0307

HP Recommended

@Hilary_Hu

In this case, please contact the HP Support team. HP+ printers have an exclusive concierge. Click here.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have the same problem. have been on the phone multiple times with support , repeating the same steps for hours and to no avail. is this something i need to contact my cable company about. i don't use a router ; i use a cable box and i just got a new cable box.

using a Lenovo all in one desktop with hp laser jet pro. Paid 200 for a printer thats all set up but not working ; error code all of a  sudden on my cell phone and when i try to to complete the final step of setup.

HP Recommended

The solution to this at least for me was to do a factory reset through the printer web interface in the HP Smart application.  Uninstall everything - all printer drivers and HP apps and then start again.  I also had to update my firmware before I could even get this far.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.