Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-03-2022 11:23 PM
- This is happening on HP Envy 7858. My color cartridge was empty so I replaced it thinking that would alleviate the "cannot print" error, but it has not. Can someone please help me understand wjats going on?
11-10-2022 07:17 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I understand that you are facing issues with your instant ink cartridges. I'd like to help!
Is the printer connected to the network? If unsure, restart the printer and follow the steps below:
Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .
The Wireless Summary screen displays.
Touch the Settings icon , and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
A list of wireless networks displays.
Touch the name of your wireless network.
If the list does not contain your network name, scroll down, then touch Enter New Network Name to type it in manually.
If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key using the on-screen keyboard. Make sure you type the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters exactly. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.
Touch Done, and then touch OK.
If the printer is already connected to the network, then try to assign a public DNS to the printer. Here are the steps:
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says, “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says, “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 188.8.131.52 and under manual alternate type 184.108.40.206 (This is Google DNS server address)
- Restart the printer and then router once done.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-11-2022 07:19 AM
Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!
I am an HP Employee