Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8030
Other

hello all!  I own a HP OfficeJet Pro 8030. im not very technology smart with things like this. My husband originally bought my 4 in 1 printer for me because I do wood burning and I hated having to use the library when I needed my designs. When we purchased it, it came with 8 months of free ink but I'm not understanding exactly how all this works. I'm currently subscribed to the $4.99 plan with 100 pages but again I don't understand how my monthly plan works and how all this works in general. If someone can take a few minutes and talk me through things and help me better understand my product I'd really appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You  probably subscribed to instant ink service and you can find all details here:

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/ 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I'm still very confused

HP Recommended

I've been using it for I think 3(or more)years now and I used to be confused AF as well lol! I have been subbed to the 4.99 plan and only today changed to 9.99(will become 11.99 in 2 weeks but with more rollover pages).

What it is, is that, for 4.99 a month, HP gives you 100pages per month to print using the inks(black, yellow, cyan and magenta)that they they send you(make sure your address is current with them). So it's like printing 100pages(you buy your own paper and photo papers of course)without every worrying about running out of ink and buying from the store since HP tracks your printer's ink levels and sends them out to your house once you're dangerously low(they've never failed me all these years).

If you go over your current plan(they have different ones)page printing limits before the next month cycle, they will charge a dollar for something like 15 to 20 extra pages over the limit(in your case currently, 100pages). Inversely, if you DO NOT use up the 100pages in a month, any leftovers will rollover to the following month for up to, I think, like 300pages. Again the rollover amount depends on your plan tier.

It's worth the $ if you assess and keep track of your usage do a bit of calculation here and there. Your current tier plan will cost a total of around $60 dollars for the year equal to a total of 1,200 pages(allocated and/or rollovers)that you can use to print stuff. All those pages, depending on the quality you choose for your prints, will probably make you buy 2-3 black inks and probably the same amount for the colored ones which will probably run you about oh like 200-some dollars for the year. Compare that to the $60 as above.

I hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.