Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been a loyal HP customer for many years and only use HP for all my computer related needs in my home.  I contacted HP yesterday with a unique issue where my printed documents would only print black and white despite being instructed to print color. I had recently received an ink cartridge from instant ink (as the one previously provided color one was a bad cartridge). After inital contact with chat, they sent me to tech support.  This is where every took a bad turn. I was asked to replace the color cartridge TWICE, then clean the cartridge with water? I repeated told the tech that the test page appears to print color, but all other pages do not. After an hour and a half, the tech never once checked drivers or anything technical. They just said I have to wait 7 days for a new cartridge! I advised I also use my printer for business and I needed this overnight (although I am NOT convinced a new cartridge solves this) and they said there's nothing they can do.  I asked if HP can stand to NOT operate for 7 days?? I am beyond dismayed at the complete lack of support. I have now used use my 2 backup color cartridge and despite clearly seeing low ink for the black, the tech falsely told me it was being sent out when it was not. I called today and the agent ordered the black and credited some pages, but this is irrelevant if the issue remains.

Did HP cut off my color ink on their side? It would explain why the local test print has color but any online printing does not.

I need the technical issue properly diagnosed instead of waiting 7 days. Also to have a tested cartridge mailed quicker instead of just hoping for the best.

It would be helpful if a senior and knowledgeable. member of HP support addressed the concerns

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Natasha111,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with your HP printer and the technical support you received. It sounds like you've encountered multiple issues, from the initial problem with your color cartridge to the unsatisfactory resolution provided by the support team.

I understand how crucial your printer is, especially if you rely on it for business purposes. It's unacceptable that you're experiencing such disruptions to your workflow, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Regarding your suspicion about HP cutting off your color ink remotely, I can assure you that HP does not engage in such practices. However, it's clear that there's a deeper technical issue at play here that needs to be properly diagnosed and resolved.

I will be delighted to assist you and also noticed that you've reached out here for the first time. Please help us with the following details on a private message, which will help us in escalating this case further.

First Name:

Last Name:

Serial Number:

Product ID:

Contact number:

Full Address:

Pincode:

Email:

Best Time to reach:

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Take care and have a good day.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.