Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-12-2022 09:05 AM - last edited on 09-12-2022 09:16 AM by MarcusC
THE MESSAGE IS "YOUR PRINTER LOST INTERNET CONNECTION AND CANNOT PRINT WITH HP INSTANT INK CARTRIDGES. RECONNECT YOUR PRINTER TO CONTINUE PRINTING.
09-14-2022 04:34 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I understand that your printer is not connecting to instant ink. I'd like to help!
Please follow the steps below.
How do I fix a Printer not connected to the internet message?
- If your printer cannot connect to HP Instant Ink, it stops printing and displays a message.
- Make sure your connection is compatible with Instant Ink.
- Public or guest networks, like those used in colleges, hotels, or coffee shops, are not compatible.
- USB as the only connection does not work. An Internet connection is required.
- Make sure your router is on and connected to the internet. If you have another device on the same router, make sure it can connect to the internet. If the router is not connected to the internet, contact your network service provider.
- Check the printer connected to the router.
- Wi-Fi connection: The blue wireless light on the printer should be on and not blinking. If it is not, turn the printer and the router off and back on. Go to HP printer setup (Wi-Fi network) for more help.
- Ethernet connection: If the light next to the Ethernet port is off, unplug the cable at both ends and then plug it back in. Turn the printer and router off and back on if the light is still not on.
- When your printer is connected to the Internet, sign into your Instant Ink account:
- Home / Home Office: Sign in to your Instant Ink account
- Business: Sign in to your Instant Ink for Business account
- Check the printer status in the Status area.
Ready to print : Turn the printer off and back on. If the error message goes away, you can stop troubleshooting.
Not ready to print :
- Click the refresh button .
- Click the browser reload button to reload the account web page.
- Repeat up to five times, until the status changes to Ready to print.
- If the router is properly connected to the internet, but you still cannot connect the printer, contact HP Instant Ink support for assistance.
Home / Home Office: HP Instant Ink support
Business: HP Instant Ink for Business support
Hope this helps. Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
I am an HP Employee