Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wacky Cartridge Errors

HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Today,  I got an error stating that I needed to replace all cartridges except for the black (which had been recently replaced).  I did so.  Still, I kept getting an error message stating the same.  I checked the solution menu suggestions, and did everything accordingly, i.e., uninstall and re-install them in the order showed (more than once); cleaned everything as suggested, etc.  Then I got a message saying only the YELLOW cartridge was faulty, so I did the same with it again.  When that did not solve the problem, the printer asked me if I wanted to use only black ink.  I said yes.  Then the problem started all over again with the original error message. and printer still would not work.   I've done everything I know to do.  I even tried putting the old yellow cartridge back in, to no avail.  I turned everything off - even the internet, and rebooted.  That did not clear the error message.  This is very frustrating.  This printer is used for business, and located in a remote area where it takes almost an hour to go anywhere for supplies or service.  What to do please?  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,561 26,287 4,684 10,370
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wacky Cartridge Errors

Hi @waywardmuse,

As you are from the US, can you see all the four ink cartridges labels marked with Z10?

Please install the HP Smart app, from the Mac App Store, click the plus sign and add your printer.

Double-click the printer icon and select Supply Info.

Can you see all your ink cartridges marked as Z10, both under the Installed and Supported sections? Or may you see any difference among the two sections?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wacky Cartridge Errors

Thanks for replying.  No Z10.  HP is sending me another yellow cartridge free of charge with expedited shipping.  It's assumed the cartridge is defective as I suspected.  I hope that's the case and that it's nothing more serious.  We'll see.  Thanks!  

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation