Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-07-2023 07:40 AM - last edited on 01-09-2023 10:22 AM by Ric_ob
I have just changed my old printer to a new one. How do I:
-make this my new printer for continuing my Instantink contract and
-claim the free months of Instant ink that came with the new printer.
I have a printer claim code which came with the new printer but it is not recognised.
01-14-2023 02:42 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I'd like to help!
Please follow the steps below and see how it goes.
This information applies to current Instant Ink customers only.
We’ve made it easy to transfer your HP Instant Ink plan to a new HP printer.
Follow these steps to keep your account history, rollover pages, and free trial months:
- Make sure the new printer is HP Instant Ink compatible. If you plan to purchase one, look for the HP Instant Ink logo on the box. For warranty replacements, you will automatically be sent a compatible printer.
- Do not cancel your current Instant Ink plan.
- Once you have the new printer, log in to your account at hpinstantink.com and click Enroll/Replace Printer.
- Then follow the steps to complete enrollment of your new printer.
Important information about cartridges:
- A new set of Instant Ink cartridges will either be included with your printer or you will receive a shipment within 10 business days of replacing the printer.
- If compatible, you can also install any unused Instant Ink cartridges you may have on hand. If not compatible, please send any unused cartridges back in the included recycle bag.
- Any used cartridges you may have will not work in the new printer, so please send them back for recycling.
If that does not help, This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue
I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee