Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have left over ink from my other printer can i use it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sherri20 

Welcome to the HP Community -- a Peer-to-Peer Forum for people who use HP Technology

@Sherri20 wrote:

I have left over ink from my other printer can i use it

Doubtful.

Instant Ink cartridges, that is, any ink cartridge used by -- or provided for -- the Instant Ink subscription only work in the printer for which the cartridge was intended.  If the service is terminated, the cartridge(s) lock and cannot be used in any printer.

Regular HP cartridges, that is, Not-Instant-Ink, are designated by a type number.

Printers work with specific type / numbered cartridges.

One way to find out which printers use which cartridges: 

Go to the HP Store and search for the cartridge.

Alternatively, open and check the Printer's Specifications document for the printer.

Example - Checking Cartridge "HP 962XL Cyan"

Store/HP.com USA Sales

Search for HP 962XL Cyan 

Scroll down to "Will it work with my device?"

Click / Select "Show Full List"
Results List

HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer 1MR66A#B1H

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Certified Refurbished Printer w/ bonus 6 months Instant Ink throug...

HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e All-in-One Printer w/ bonus 6 months Instant Ink through HP+ 1G5M0A#B1H

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer w/ bonus 6 months Instant Ink through HP+ 1G5L3A#B1H

References / Resources

Which Ink Can be Used in the Printer?

HP Ink - Learn About Supplies

Calls / Provides link to:

HP Printers - Dynamic Security Enabled Printers

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

Printer Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.