Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Same problem as many here... I was trying to install Win 11 drivers and found my HP Officejet Pro 9015 was turned off. After startup, I received an error message stating, "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink." I am enrolled in the program. After pressing the Hide button on the screen, it proceeds to the next screen, which prompts you to align the printhead. Pressing the continue button on the screen then proceeds to a screen that states printing the alignment page. The printer doesn't print anything and is stuck on this screen. Others seem to have had this issue. The resolution seems to be a private printer reset procedure. Sometimes, it appears "setup" cartridges were sent to the end user. Please advise on how I should proceed to resolve this very frustrating issue. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally got it working. I connected to the printer via ethernet and accessed the web interface. For some reason, web services were disabled. Once I reenabled them, the printer could connect to the internet and recognize my instant ink subscription. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @smallclub,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your printer that has printer enrolment error.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware and let me know if that resolves the issue.

C) If the issue still persists, refer to the steps under "How do I fix cartridge errors associated with printer enrolment?" from this link as per the printer enrolment status and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I was able to try fix (A), but I ended up with the same issue.

Next I tried fix (B) to update the firmware. The printer is showing "Printer offline" in HP Smart, so I opted for "Download printer firmware from the HP website (Windows)". I got to step 4 and connected via USB, since it doesn't seem to be connecting to my network. My USB connected printer displays in the HP Printer Update window, but the status is Busy and never changes to Ready even after clicking the refresh button for a few cycles. So I wasn't able to update the firmware.

Lastly I tried fix (C). with "How do I fix cartridge errors associated with printer enrollment?" since it specifically references the "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled" issue I'm having. I got to step 4, but it only ever shows "Not ready to print", even after a few refresh button attempts. I'm not surprised since I couldn't install the firmware.

What do you suggest we try next?

HP Recommended

I finally got it working. I connected to the printer via ethernet and accessed the web interface. For some reason, web services were disabled. Once I reenabled them, the printer could connect to the internet and recognize my instant ink subscription. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @smallclub,

That's great! Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. I appreciate your efforts in performing the steps to fix it and If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.