Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
hpinkjet 232
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello since l got a new router my printer won't go online lve tried for days, lve give up, it works fine with a usb cable, my question is how do l keep in contact with my instant ink

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@walacewell, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Since the router has changed, the wireless settings on the printer has to be reconfigured to the new router. For Instant Ink to work, the printer should be connected to the Internet.

What is the exact model of the HP printer you are using? It seems like you have entered a wrong model number on your post.

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

To know how to connect the printer to a wireless network, refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@walacewell, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Since the router has changed, the wireless settings on the printer has to be reconfigured to the new router. For Instant Ink to work, the printer should be connected to the Internet.

What is the exact model of the HP printer you are using? It seems like you have entered a wrong model number on your post.

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

To know how to connect the printer to a wireless network, refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

when Hp printer Offline  displays the status in the printer’s control panel, you might not have connected the printer and computer to the network properly. Try to set the printer to online. Go to Settings and then Printers. Right-click on the printer icon and click Use Printer Online. Double-click on the printer, go to the Printer menu and click Cancel All Documents. There might be a stuck in print job. That would cause the printer to go offline. Reboot the printer and computer. If it doesn’t work, reinstall the driver. Go to Settings then Printers and choose your printer. Right-click on the printer and choose Properties. From the General or Details tab, search for the driver button and select it. Reinstall the printer. Under Printers in the Settings option, choose the printer then remove the printer and reinstall it through the Add printer wizard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.