09-14-2019 03:29 PM
My HP Officejet Pro 8620 keeps giving me an error message "connect printer to update HP Instant Ink Status". I'm connected to the internet, there are not issues with my internet service. But each time i try to print i press ok after the message and it will print but then the message comes up again the next time I try to print.
I've tried all the suggestions of unplugging router, printer, waiting and replugging and turning on. I've also reset network settings on the printer. Nothing seems to work. i've made sure most recent updates are on the printer. I entered my ip address on the brouser and the printer does come up. there is a red x between the printer and HP Instant ink. I clicked "fix this" and it does nothing.
At some point I was given a message that my printer will eventually stop printing unless I connect my printer.
Can someone please help me?
09-17-2019 02:51 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try rebooting the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, try re-enabling the Web-Services -
Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).
2. Touch Remove Web Services.
Reboot the devices.
Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Web Services Setup .
4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.
5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.
6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.
Once you have the "Claim Code", login to the Instant Ink account. Click on the notifications or the bell icon and then click on "Add Printer".
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee