Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer

won't let me print, it says that there is something wrong with my account. ??????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Smokypatrol13,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer. The message about something being wrong with your account might be related to printer settings or network connectivity problems. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Check Printer Status: Make sure there are no physical issues with the printer, such as paper jams, empty ink cartridges, or any error lights on the printer's display panel.
  • Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix temporary glitches. Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a minute, then plug it back in and power it on. Also, restart your computer.
  • Check Network Connection: Ensure that your printer is connected to the same network as your computer. If it's a wireless connection, check that the Wi-Fi is working correctly and the printer has a stable connection.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Visit the official HP website and search for the OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer's support page. Look for any available firmware updates and follow the instructions to update the printer's firmware.
  • Check Print Queue: There might be a print job stuck in the print queue, causing conflicts. Go to the print queue on your computer and check if there are any pending print jobs. Clear the queue and try printing again.
  • Check Account Settings: If you're using any cloud-based printing services or print management systems, check the account settings to ensure they are properly configured.
  • Reinstall Printer Drivers: Sometimes, corrupted printer drivers can cause issues. Uninstall the printer drivers from your computer and reinstall the latest drivers from the official HP website.
  • Check for Error Codes: If there's an error code or specific error message displayed on the printer's screen, note it down and search for it on the HP support website. This can provide more specific guidance for troubleshooting.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.