Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp USB FLASH DRIVE V250W

Suddenly USB Flash drive Stopped Working and windows unable to format. In Manage Its showing as Primary Partion with data, but accessable in explorer. 

How to format it and fix it.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@GaneshMuthyala,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I see that you are facing issues with the USB V250W

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue have you solved it. If you did could you please tell me

HP Recommended

@Nuvin,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. 

As I understand you need assistance with a HP USB V250W pen drive that's write protected, don't worry I'll be glad to help you with this.

I will assist you here. I will be sending you a  private message regarding this. Please keep checking your forum private messages.

Hope this helps.  To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have made my 32 GB hp pendrive centos 8 bootable

but now not able to use it or format it

I have done it with balena etcher

HP Recommended

I bought a new Hp Usb flash drive V250W but when put on computer it writes format but when formatting it reads error

HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem
Cannot write or edit

v222w

HN32GF

😭

HP Recommended

@Duheir Welcome to HP Community!

The support for HP Pen Drive is limited to email support.

We request you write an email to hpsupport@pny.com for any assistance.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow,

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm facing the same issue with the same pendrive (HP v250w 64GB), could you please send me the solution to the problem, thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

@SOLCABA Welcome to HP Community!

The support for HP Pen Drive is limited to email support.

We request you write an email to hpsupport@pny.com for any assistance.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow,

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.