Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Probably since the last update there is an audio controlbox in the top of my screen. It has the hp logo, and can be unfolded to show speaker and microphone noise reduction as well as sound mode. In the expanded mode it can be moved in the screen, but folding it back in puts the hp logo back in the topmiddle of the screen. I would like to remove this from the permanent view since I do not need it and it is in the way.Afbeelding2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@V-ID

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

That shouldn't be the case, we should find a permanent fix, so that you are never bothered by it again, that said, if you are happy, so am I.

If you wish to troubleshoot the issue further, please feel free to reply with the details I had asked for, and we shall get started.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, simply select - "Accept as solution", And click on the purple thumbs up, that said, have a Good Day & Good Luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@V-ID

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you need help with the HP Audio control box,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here
    • (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After 2 restarts the box "miraculously" disappeared. 

before I posted I tried that as well  (once) but without success. So just keep trying seems to help!

HP Recommended

@V-ID

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

That shouldn't be the case, we should find a permanent fix, so that you are never bothered by it again, that said, if you are happy, so am I.

If you wish to troubleshoot the issue further, please feel free to reply with the details I had asked for, and we shall get started.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, simply select - "Accept as solution", And click on the purple thumbs up, that said, have a Good Day & Good Luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have what appears to be the same/similar issue. Since the last driver update when I boot to Win10/64 after about a minute the HP Audio Controls window pops up and I have to manually close it. I checked my startup options but that app/driver isn't listed there. I believe the actual driver for HP Audio Controls is Synaptics Hong Kong Limited VER. 1.3.74.0.  The HP Audio Controls functions are not necessary for me to adjust because I don't use headphone or a microphone and having the options box popup is disruptive to my workflow. Is there a setting to keep the popup from appearing every time I start my computer?  The HP model 5DU69UT#ABA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.