Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ZBOOK17 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

USB connection continuously repeats after upgrade to WINDOWS10 20H2
If you connect with the 3dconnexion_CADMOUSE PRO specification and use it, the USB connection occurs repeatedly and a freeze occurs.
USB power was also set and updated to the latest driver, but the same phenomenon occurred.
Currently, it is applied and used as a general mouse.
It occurs only in CADMOUSE.
I reinstalled WINDOWS, but the symptoms are the same.
However, SpaceMouse-Enterprise products operate normally.
If anyone has solved the same symptoms as me, please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is this the Wireless CADMouse?

Are the 3DConnexion drivers installed on both sender and receiver?

What version of Remote Boost are you using on sender and receiver?

After the upgrade to Windows 10 20H2, did you uninstall and reinstall Remote Boost?  I have found that after some Windows updates, USB gets broken.  Uninstalling and reinstalling usually resolves my issue.

What version of Windows 10 were you on before the upgrade to 20H2?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello
The CADMOUSE-PRO product is a wired type.
It was used without any problems in the Windows reinstallation state.
However, when the driver is updated, the Thunderbolt DRIVER (sp102376.exe) is installed and the USB repetitive connection is occurring.
Currently, WINDOWS10-20H2 is in the state of being reinstalled for the fourth time, but the phenomenon is the same.
It seems to be a problem with THUNDERBOLT DRIVER.
There is no problem at all when using a general optical mouse.
Currently, I am using an optical mouse.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info.  Standard mice are generally not problematic as Remote Boost does not block them.  However, the 3DConnexion mice need to be remoted over to the sender.  Remote USB is only supported on Windows and ThinPro receivers and Windows senders.  However, if this worked for you prior to the upgrade to 20H2 on the Windows sender, I will take a look at this.  I have a wireless version of this mouse, but can use the charging cable to make it wired. 

If the device is plugged in prior to the Remote Boost connection, the device will stay local.  You would need to unplug the mouse and plug it back in for it to get remoted to the sender, but again, not sure this will work on a Mac. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.