Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Zcentral
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a user who occasionally will have his Delete key stop working through ZCentral. The only way to fix this is by rebooting his Receiver machine. I have had him run the Bug Report. Where can I send it to?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, I now have several users who are having the same issue where the Delete key is not registering through ZCentral and the only way to fix it is by restarting the Receiver computer.

Any help is appreciated. Like I said before, I have the first user's Bug Report.

HP Recommended

Hi Prattu,

Can you tell me:

the version of Remote Boost you are using:

the receiver / sender machine models:

What OS they are running:

Does the Delete key stop working after performing a specific action / pressing any other key?

I'll also be messaging you soon to provide you details to send over the bug report.

Thank you.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello, we're using:
ZCentral 2020.1.0 Receiver and Sender

Receiver on Windows 10 and Sender on CentOS 7.6

The delete key seems to stop working randomly, most of our artists who have noticed this behavior are using Houdini on Linux but some are also using Maya on Linux.

HP Recommended

We also have this issue with several clients.

Senders: Win10Pro

Receivers: Win10Pro

Sometimes we could reactivate the delete key by "Shift-Space" + "n" and reopen the session again..... In some cases a restart is needed...

It is a big problem in productive working.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I found that making the ZCentral Remote Boost to lose focus, and then focusing on it again will reset the delete key functionality. This can be achieved in a number of ways, such as minimizing the RB window and then maximizing it again. Please let me know if this workaround works for you. We're investigating the issue.

Diego Medaglia
Software Developer at HP Inc
HP Recommended

UPDATE: The workaround below has not been effective.

We have also experienced this problem with the latest ZCentral (on both client and receiver) with a Windows 10 receiver and CentOS 7.7 sender.

(ZCentral_RB_2020.1.0_Lnx_Sender_Receiver_M39125-001 on the sender side)

We're experimenting with creating a file at:

/etc/X11/Xkbmap

With the contents:

-rules evdev

You can also try typing this in the shell on Linux:

setxkbmap -rules evdev

I don't have confirmation that this has worked - we're waiting for the problem to recur.

HP Recommended

Hello, any update on this?

HP Recommended

Hi Prattu,

Yes, we got updates.

Our team was able to pinpoint the root cause of the issue and a fix is on the way.

It will be available on the next Remote Boost release, which is happening soon.

We'll announce it on the forum once it's live.

Thank you.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

we are on the 20.1.0.26348 (or 2020.1.0.26348 if you prefer) and several users are reporting this malfunction.

Can you disclose any details on when the next update will be made available?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.