Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z8 G4
Linux

Hi RGS/ZCentral Support Team,

We are having some issues with flame logins using Zcentral Remote Boost\.
The Sender (Flame Workstation) has been configured to Use Easy Login.
When I log in for the first time, I have no issues. I am presented with the Centos Login page and I can log in as a normal flame user.

If I close the Receiver app without logging out of the Sender workstation, or the receiver app crashes, we are presented with a ZCentral authentication prompt when trying to reconnect/log back in.
The authentication prompt does not accept the local flame username or password.
I can use the local root credentials to gain access as a collaborator, save the project and logout, but this is not ideal.
We have tried removing the flame account password but this did not work.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dylan

Dylan
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I am looking into this with our Flame system.  Easy Login works a little differently with Linux senders.  

On a Windows sender, easy login will allow you to connect anonymously if the sender system is in a secure state. A secure state means you are either logged out or the desktop is locked.
On Linux, we do not have anything that is able to detect a locked desktop. As a result, easy login only works if your sender system is in a logged out state.  You should be able to log back in with the same credentials that you made the first connection with.

I would like to test and see if I get different results with Flame.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hey Kelly, 

Thanks for the quick response. Keep me posted on your findings.

Thanks,

Dylan

Dylan
HP Recommended

I tried to connect to our Flame system today, and cannot connect as I normally can.  I need to go physically look at the system to see what is up. 

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

We were able to connect to our Flame system after it was brought back up.  Logged in as a local user, disconnected using the X, and then reconnected, used the same credentials that we used the first time, and logged back in.  I would like to see about collecting the rg.log file on your sender.  I don't put log files on the forum as they contain too much info.  I will reach out in a PM shortly.  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.