Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
ZCentral Remote Boost RGS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We are currently upgrading our workstations from Sender 20.1.0.26348 to 20.1.2.8161

The existing release has been installed per command line and has worked flawlessly on all our workstations.

The upgrade procedure is in principle equivalent, but when issuing the command

SenderSetup64.exe /z"/autoinstall /agreetolicense /usb /clipboard /el /noreboot"

instead of upgrading silently the message

"This setup will perform an upgrade of 'HP ZCentral Remote Boost 2020 Sender'. Do you want to continue?"

(see image below if I will ever manage to upload it)

This interactive request breaks the unattended upgrade our workstations. I have been searching in the user manual, but did not find anything regarding "Upgrade from Command Line". How can we override this messagebox from the comman dline?

interactive message breaking unattended upgradeinteractive message breaking unattended upgrade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i did an upgrade today using command line from 20.1.0 to 20.1.2, I did not include all of the switches you mention, but add the /s got me around the prompt.  SenderSetup64.exe /s /z" /autoinstall /agreetolicense

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I replied to your email that you sent.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

...actually trying to upgrade the Receiver from command line brings up exactly the same message, breaking the unattended installation procedure as nobody will be there to click on "Yes". This makes a systematic unattended upgrade of the ZCentral components technically impossible.

Hopefully a solution will be offered on a short term, as otherwise a minor update will become a huge task in our scenario, and currently we do not have resources for this.

RGS Receiver upgrade from Command line broken by popup windowRGS Receiver upgrade from Command line broken by popup window

Just in case the website does something wired not showing this image, I will report down here the full message that is displayed:

"This setup will perform an upgrade of 'HP ZCentral Remote Boost 2020 Receiver'. Do you want to continue?"

...of course I want to continue: the question should not even be asked when shooting the commandline command with the

/z"/autoinstall /agreetolicense /noreboot"

switch

HP Recommended

i did an upgrade today using command line from 20.1.0 to 20.1.2, I did not include all of the switches you mention, but add the /s got me around the prompt.  SenderSetup64.exe /s /z" /autoinstall /agreetolicense

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I can confirm that, whatever the other switches are, the /S switch makes the installation completely unattended, both for the Sender and for the Receiver.

Be aware that with the /S switch your script will continue without waiting for the ZCentral installer to complete, which could give your annoying results in case you have other actions coming up in the script you are running (as for example it has happened to me, restarting the machine after installing ZCentral... which has restarted the machine before ZCentral was completely installed... on a team of about 30 engineers that were unable to work the next day... but at least now we have learnt the lesson... 🤗)

HP Recommended

Hi Freesbee, Please try adding the /clone_wait flag to the Receiver and/or Sender installer command line to force the install to wait until finished. For example:

ReceiverSetup64.exe /clone_wait /s /z"/autoinstall /agreetolicense"

We are adding this info to the User Guide for an upcoming release.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

...I won't miss to test the /clone_wait switch at the next update 😀

But I would say, if it does what I imagine, and it will be added to the documentation for the others, then the solution will be perfect (maybe also the /S switch should be mentioned in the documentation)

HP Recommended

I tried the command and it waits for about an extra 3 seconds compared to not using it....

ReceiverSetup64.exe /clone_wait /S /z"/autoinstall /agreetolicense /usb=localremote /clipboard /noreboot"

I think before when we packaged it we put a wait command before installing vmouse and the sender...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.