Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi,

i use a macbook to control a remote workstation with windows.

The two keys that you see in the photo attached, are inverted. 

I tried to write on Notepad on the workstation from my macbook and when i press |\ button, on the monitor appears \ and when i press <> button on the monitor appears \.

I use these keys as shortcuts in Avid, so it's important when i press it on macbook, it will execute the same command on windows in remote.

How can i solve the problem?

Thanks

Schermata 2020-04-16 alle 10.59.29.png

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Peppens1,

What version of RGS are you using?

Another user had a similar problem on RGS  7.x and upgrading to the latest Remote Boost version solved their problem.

You can download the latest version here: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zcentral-remote-boost.html

Meanwhile, assuming that both your sender and receiver have the same language and keyboard layout set, one thing that you could try is adding a property on your config file that makes RGS use a legacy keyboard mapping mode:

Rgreceiver.KeyboardMapMode=1  

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I use this 

ZCentral_RB_2020.0_MacOS_Receiver

Yes, same language (sender and receiver).

Where can i set the string? 

Config file, ok, but on the receiver or sender?

Where is (in the receiver) on macOS?

HP Recommended

Hi there.

Your receiver config file should be located at /Library/Application Support/HP/rgreceiverconfig

1.Close the receiver

2.edit the rgreceiverconfig file

3. add the property Rgreceiver.KeyboardMapMode=1 

4. Save it, and restart the Receiver

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same keyboard issue. It's exactly those two keys that are swapped. It's a German keyboard on a Macbook Air running MacOS 10.14 connected to a Centos 7 Linux box though.

In addition to this, the curly brackets { } are not transmitted on the same keys. On Mac it's right option + 8 and 9 but when connected to the Linux box I have to press right option + 7 and 0 (which I think is what I would have to press on the German keyboard at the Linux box but can't verify this right now).

The config option has helped at first glance. < and > work. But whenever I press the key to the left of the "1" (^ and ° on this German keyboard) the receiver disconnects after a brief "network warning". This also happens whenever I press the right option key. 

I have removed the option and everything "works" again, except for the swapped keys. But I can work with that for now.

Regards

Stefan

HP Recommended

I tried but nothing changed

HP Recommended

Peppens,

Does the picture you shared reflect the exact keyboard layout you have?

Could you tell me:

- What MacBook model/year do you have

- What language is its keyboard, and if it is localized to another language

- Keyboard layout if different from the picture (qwerty / qwertz, azerty, other?)

- Your sender keyboard language / layout

p.s. Tiltx, please let me know the same info about your systems too.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

yes, the image reflect my keyboard.

-Macbook Pro 15" - mid 2010 - OSX High Sierra

-Italian

-no, the same (qwerty)

- sender (italian, qwerty, a classical windows keyboard)

HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy,

my system is:

• Macbook Air 13 inch, 2018
  • OSX 10.14 Mojave
  • Keyboard is a German qwertz (see screenshot of layout) and input language is set to German (Deutsch) as well
  • The sender is on Centos 7, keyboard language is set to "de"

german-mac-keyboard-layout-keyshorts_b0c47719-3cd8-4e00-835c-a87876e7bdc1_1024x1024.png

These are a few keys I've noticed that don't translate correctly:

• right option + 7: | on Mac but { shows up on remote desktop
  • right option + 8: { on Mac but [ shows up
  • right option + 9: } on Mac but ] shows up
  • right option + 0: ≠ on Mac (never used that one myself), but on remote it shows up as }

The keys that show up on the remote host are those that would appear on a "normal" non-Mac German keyboard connected to that machine. But they don't match the Mac keyboard.

cheers

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am on a Danish Macbook Pro 2018, and I experience the same issues.

I am also not able to type @

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.