Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Referencing community post "RGS 7.3.3 - How to hide the menubar from start?" from 09-29-2017:

We have Linux Sender & Receiver 20.2.0, Sender is RHEL 8.2 and Receiver is ThinPro 7.2.  We were unable to get the workaround to work with the versions we are running. However, other hotkeys like minimize the window "n" and close "c" work. Is this bug fixed in a newer version of Linux Sender or Receiver?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello,

Are you saying that the "h" key does not hide the receiver tool bar?  Remote Boost 20.3.1 is the last 20.x release.  Can you let me know if you are having issues with that version. By default the tool bar should be hidden.  Normally you have to hover towards the top of the sender display view window to get the tool bar to appear, and if you want, then you can pin it to keep it from disappearing.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly, that is correct, the "h" key does not hide nor make the receiver tool bar reappear.  Have not tried with 20.3.1, cannot upgrade to this version yet because of other issues previously working with you on those.

HP Recommended

Reaching out to you in a PM.  Not sure what other issue I am working on for you, but would like to get more details.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

My understanding from speaking with 2LS is that the tool bar had been disabled and that was the reason why Hotkey H was not working.  I was informed this is now working for you.  Please let me know if that is incorrect information.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, it does appear to be working as we expected, but I'll have to do a little more testing with it to see if it meets our customer's requests. You can close this for now if the is a ticket open. I'll reach out again if I have further questions or issues.

Thank you,

Rodney

HP Recommended

Hello,

No ticket is open.  However based upon our discussion on PM, it sounds like you want the tool bar to stay hidden

even if hovering at the top of the display.  I need to see if this can be done.  

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

After checking on this, I found that if you change this property in the rgreceiverconfig file, you can now hide the toolbar, and it will not drop down when you hover at the top of the display view window.  It will only unhide if you use Hotkey H.  I did not find it in mine, so guessing you have to add the property.  

Rgreceiver.Ui.Toolbar.ActivationAreaHeight=0

Make sure to save the change.  If you have the receiver open, close it and then relaunch to see if this setting works.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks Kelly, that's interesting and something worth trying. I'll let you know if it works out.

HP Recommended

Kelly, I PM'd you a possible solution I think I have found, it's a combination of a couple of different config file entries.  Let me know what you think. Rodney

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.