Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My first post was removed.. WHY?

Here it is again.

I've downlaoded 60-day trial to see if RGS will be able to provide what other remore programs didn't.

According to all videos and PR material its hould be aable to provide exactly what I need, ie remote access to workstation with 3D apps running on it.

BUT after setup I;ve got same thing even worse happening then compared to any other remote application.

I don't see any of the 3d app viewports.

Houidni - whole app windows i blacnk white

Maya - I see all the menus and GUI but viewport is blank gray, no grid or anythign else

Softimage - same as with maya.

Windows Remote desctop connection for exmalpe at  leat gives me sogftimage and maya working, but Houdini i ssame white blank

Teamviewer same...

But RGS gives absolutly nothing on any of 3d apps I tried.

Can someone elaborate what is going on please?

Again according to all promotion videos RGS should be eable to provide me propper display but... On top of that even interaction is a bit slowe, full HD settup runs at poorly 20 fps.

Speed at sender computer is 50 MB upload, and at receiver is 400 MB download.

I don;t even wanna try sending 4K Smiley Sad

edit: solve da bit of this issue but not fully. as I'm using this on VPN, VPON oconnection on sender was using internet from my home as ther eis router with VPN server.. anwya fixed taht now frame rate is up to 30-40fps. still not taht 60 sweet sport but.. still issue with viewports but could be part that there is no monitor detected only ddigital display in nvidia control panel.. testing that now

Any tips and tricks and idea why I can't see any of the 3d apps?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

First sorry for double post, first one was mistakenly taged and later approved again so hence two of them.

Anyway it seems taht issue was with remote computer. No ide why but it didn;t detect monitor so it was detecting some digital display only and no hardware accelaeration at all.

After reactivating monitor there it works. all And so fra being pleasently surprised 🙂

Now just one last thing.

Can RSG work onheadles system?

There are 4 1080ti GPUs in remote system, 64gb ram and 5960x CPU, so should be enough power to handle, if net connection can. Just swondering if it can work headless then I should be able to match receiver resolution?

Right now resolution is limited by attached monitor.

HP Recommended

all cleared

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.