Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to be able to use special buttons of the mouse for different functions as configured in Logitech setpoint?

We have custom settings in Logitech Setpoint for the 'previous' and 'next' button of the mouse depending on the program we use, but when plugging in my mouse on the Zcentral receiver, the device is not recognized by Setpoint.

Is there a way to solve this issue, simular to how 3Dconnexion devices are recognized and can be used on the receiver?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am very familiar with the 3DConnexion mice but not this particular one for Logitech.  For 3DConnexion mice to work, you have their driver loaded on both sender and receiver.  However, if you have Remote USB installed via the default setting during installation of Remote Boost, and if you have the device connected to the receiver prior to making a connection, you would have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to remoted to the sender.  Same when you disconnect to bring it back.

There is a way to change the remoting behavior in the User Guide which would allow the device to be remoted automatically between the sender and receiver.  However, would need to find out how the device appears in device manager to make sure it is not getting blocked.  If unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in still does not allow it to work, try turning off screen blanking by using the SenderConfiguration.exe tool.  Keep in mind, now your sender display is visible, but something to test.

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I tried unplugging the mouse during connection without any succes. We also have users with a 3Dconnexion mouse and they work without issue. we didn't even have to install the driver on the receiver.

When looking in device manager, the mouse is not listed under mice and other pointing device, but basic mouse functionality does work. Setpoint also doesn't list the M500 mouse when connected to the receiver (a HP thin client T640)

What is the reasoning behind turning of the screenblanking?

HP Recommended

Screen blanking is on by default.  Remote Boost blocks input devices with screen blanking. I wanted to see if we were blocking the device.

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.