Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z840
Linux

Hello,

We are having trouble getting audio to function in ZCentral in 48k mode in Flame 2018.3 running on CentOS 7.2.1511

I have installed the latest ZCentral Sender (2020.1.0_Lnx_Sender_Receiver_M39125-001),

configured the audio with command: ./opt/hpremote/rgsender/audio/rg_alsa_config.sh alsa 48

and rebooted the machine. 

I am using HP ZCentral Remote Boost Receiver on a Mac. Version 20.1.1.8114. Audio is enabled on the receiver. (Stream Audio from sender, stereo, Quality set to highest option: 44k CD Quality)

I have set Flame's audio configuration to ALSA (disabled the AJA card for audio and video).

Audio playback in Flame is set to "Loopback Loopback PC"

We are not getting any audio through ZCentral with this setup. Audio is captured when in 44.1k mode but this causes issues in Flame. After switching to 48k mode we have no audio at all. We also don't seem to be getting audio outside of Flame either. 

Please let me know what else I can try to get audio working in 48k mode.

Thank you,

David

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I am not sure if our script works with Flame 2018.  We did our testing around 2020 versions.  I was told by Autodesk if you are using Flame version 2020.2 and older, it only supports ALSA audio output from Remote Boost workflows.  the HP utility script is required to get synchronization between video and audio with ALSA output. 

If using Flame version 2020.3 and up, it supports both ALSA and PulseAudio outputs for Remote Boost workflows.  PulseAudio does not require the HP utility script to be ran and works as is.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/flame-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/H...

I don't have a Flame 2018 setup, just 2020.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.