Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5546
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I can print from anywhere, almost. I want to print a couple of photos of a trip that show in my photos app. However, the printer makes a noise and then says no paper even though there is plenty of A4 paper in it. I don’t know the answer so help is required please. Is it something like I need to load 6x4 paper into the photo tray? Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mal67

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Adjusting the print settings may resolve the issue, let's try these steps:

1.) Open the Photos app and select the photo that you want to print.

2.) Click File, and then click Print.

3.) Select a layout, and then click Print.

4.) Click the unnamed print options menu at the center of the dialog and select Media & Quality. Click Feed from and select Main Tray.

5.) Click the unnamed print options menu at the center of the dialog and select Paper Handling. 

6.) Check the box"Scale to fit paper size". Click Destination Paper Size and select A4.

7.) Click Print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mal67

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Adjusting the print settings may resolve the issue, let's try these steps:

1.) Open the Photos app and select the photo that you want to print.

2.) Click File, and then click Print.

3.) Select a layout, and then click Print.

4.) Click the unnamed print options menu at the center of the dialog and select Media & Quality. Click Feed from and select Main Tray.

5.) Click the unnamed print options menu at the center of the dialog and select Paper Handling. 

6.) Check the box"Scale to fit paper size". Click Destination Paper Size and select A4.

7.) Click Print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for that. Works fine now.

HP Recommended

@Mal67

You are welcome 🙂

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.