Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Just tried the power drain on my router, turned off my devices including the printer as well, but still says the same thing and the problem persists.

HP Recommended

@SeanAi

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We have two 8715 printers.  One is enrolled on Instant Ink, the other isn't.  I accidentally put the Instant Ink cartridge in the unsubscribed printer - and now it won't work.  I've taken out the subscription ink, put in a brand new HP 953 XL from Rymans, turned on turned off, put the old empty cartridge back in, but can't get passed the 'must sign up for instant Ink'.  My boss doesn't want to set this up on Instant Ink as well as the other one..  Why can't I just reboot it and use shop bought cartridges.  Do I need to update Apps or something?  HELP ! 

HP Recommended

Hi @8715problems

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Disable web services on the printer

Refer to this document to know how. 

Try printing.

Note: Make sure no Instant Ink cartridge is installed in the printer. All 4 ink cartridges should be regular HP ink cartridges.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, thank you for getting back to me.  I'm afraid I have now tried those things that you suggested.  I've put the Brand new cartridge in, Iv'e pulled out the plug whilst it is on.  I have turned on and off.  I have put the OLD cartridge back in.  I have put the brand new cartridge back in.  I have checked Printer Maintenance for updates - all up to date.  I have downloaded Firmware, it is all up to date.  I have disabled web services, and tried to print - and I am back to where I started.  Still needing help! @ku

HP Recommended

No, none of these worked, I'm going to go buy a new printer even though MY printer was just bought in July 2019. I'm going to give HP ONE more try and if this one doesn't work right I'm going to just buy something else and tell people I know to not buy HP printers, there is Nothing wrong with the one I have except it won't print due to this error message. I've put in brand NEW ink cartridges and it still says I need to enroll in instant ink, when I bring up the HP page its says I'm already enrolled and have been since July 2019 when I bought my printer. 

HP Recommended

@8715problems, @Moonblossom

That's unfortunate. If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

You may also visit the HP Instant Ink home page for more info.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have contacted HP Support, and they first sent me a set of new cartridges, and didn't work, and for the second time I contacted HP Support, they said that my printer is not connected to their computer (or their network), and they did a network reset or something like that, and it WORKED!! I had almost a month of frustration not being able to print, but finally I can print! So I highly suggest you contact HP Support. Thank you Kumar as well for sending me messages offering help too!

HP Recommended

@SeanAi

Glad to know that the issue was resolved after contacting HP Support team. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My Printer is giving me the same message and I am enrolled in instant ink, and my printer is updated. a What can I do to resolve this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.