Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two questions about the above mentiend printer DeskJet 2620 which I bought yesterday.
1) Should the display be completely black or should it be illuminated? My is completely black and I need to use a flashlight to identify the characters which are on it.
2) The number on the display, which shall specify the number of copies, is zero. When will it change? What is meant by "Number of copies" in this context?

/hans peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hanspeter2

The printer should illuminate the light when the printer is turned on.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@hanspeter2

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

The display would be like the image below:

The number of copies indicates, the number of pages you're copying. For eg: if you make a copy of 2 pages, it will display 2.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, Betty0610, for fast answer. 

1) The Control Panel Display on my machine looks like this:

20181206_205331.jpg

You cannot see anything on it if you do not i use a flashlight. Should it be illuminated?

2)  For eg: if you make a copy of 2 pages, it will display 2.

If I start printing a document of 3 pages the fgure is 0 and remains 0.

Is this machine defect and shäll I return it?

Kind regards

/hans peter

HP Recommended

@hanspeter2

I'm unable to view the picture.

While printing the figure will remain 0. Only while copying it will change. You shouldn't be needing a flashlight to view the screen.

You may try a reset here:

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  7. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  9. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  10. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Betty0610!

I did as you wrote, but there is no difference neither regarding the illumination or the copynumber.

/hans peter

HP Recommended

@hanspeter2

It looks like you were interacting with @Betty0610, but she is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

Update the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/167792... 

Restart the printer.

If the issue persists, I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support depending on the product that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj1788 and thank you for your response.

I have updated the firmware according to your proposal but there has not been a difference. The display is still dark and the number which will indicate the number of copies is still 0 all the time.
I can live with that. Can you just tell me if the display should be dark or illuminated when the printer is on. . If it's the later, I will return the printer to where I bought it and change it against another one.. Just tell me if it will be illumenated or not. 

K.r.

/hans peter

HP Recommended

@hanspeter2

The printer should illuminate the light when the printer is turned on.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you Raj1788!

K.r.

/hans peter

HP Recommended

@hanspeter2

You are welcome please keep us posted for any other technical queries.

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.