Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6978

The front/back of my documents are not aligned.  They're off by .5cm

I've tried to remove & reinstall the drivers, update all software, print from different programs.  I have checked/changed margins, moved my paper, checked the inks, checked there was no stuck paper, realigned the printer...I even tried to purposely make it align incorrectly to compensate for the gap.  Even when I MANUALLY flip the page, it prints off.
I've tried every potential solution I've found online, and here on the forms.  (And I've ACTUALLY searched...many full days, over the past 2+ months.)  

I've only had the printer a few months, and it was printing just fine.  I almost feel like maybe it was when I put the first new inks (using HP Instant Ink) in that it started printing wrong.  I have 6 days to use the 600 pages I haven't used or I lose them.

I NEED the front & back to align perfectly for the purpose I use my printer.   

I'm desperate for a fix at this point.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@--SBM-- 

Normally for binding, printers allow more left margin on odd pages and more right margin on even pages. Please remove binding and center pages before print

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!  That's not quite what I meant, so please allow me to clarify.

The front and back of my documents aren't aligned.  It doesn't matter if I print duplex OR if I turn the pages manually. 

The pages I'm printing have 'hatch marks' so I can cut them down to a certain size and punch them for my planner.  I need the front & back to line up perfectly, or I cannot cut & punch them.  Does that make better sense?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.