Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an ongoing problem with my printer where it goes through phases of losing its color capability and it has nothing to do with ink. There are no Color, Greyscale, Monochrome settings in my printer property pages anywhere, and it doesn't matter if I'm printing from Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Edge, or Google Chrome browsers, or a 3rd party art program like Corel PaintShop Pro, when I try to print color text or photos all I get is greyscale images, even though in the apps that have color options I have color selected. I had this problem before and unintentionally "fixed" it by uninstalling and reinstalling the print drivers dozens of times and eventually it corrected itself. Has anyone else encountered this strange issue? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. The last time I was charged for dozens of extra pages through HP Instant Ink because I kept trying to change settings and print color without success. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm about to throw this printer out the window.  This is the second time it's happen to me as well.  Any luck with yours?

HP Recommended

@SimonC90 @L0neWolfie 

Given you already installed Full feature software and Drivers of printer to your Windows 10 computer you should get Grayscale options on small pull down window:

(a) Off: means you tell printer to print in colors

(b) Grayscale quality: means you tell printer to mix colors to print Grayscale (ie B&W),

(c) Black Ink Only: means you tell printer only use black ink to print B&W.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

I don't have those options. It still prints in gray scale.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.