Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 3050A
Microsoft Windows Vista

Out of the blue my HP 3050A is not printing any more. Printer is connected to the network properly. checked this, did a new reinstalling of driver and printer. everything seems to work. When ordering a print, print is put in the queu and the printer display says 'printing'repeatedly but no print comes out. With copying it is exactly the same.

I did turn the printer off and on, so did i do with the pc. I also deplugged printer from electricity bar and plugged in to a wall socket, nothing helps.

what to do? thanks for helping out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bruinsslot

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I wish there was more I could do,

However, we are at the end of the line, I'm afraid, these steps you've mentioned would conclude a hardware malfunction and as advised previously,

Please Contact HP to have the printer either repaired or replaced via HP:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bruinsslot

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the printer no longer prints, copies or scans,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

I see that you've restarted the printer, however, did you perform a hard reset?

(If not, try the below steps to perform it)

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Follow these steps to print, and then evaluate the Printer Status Report.

Step one: Print a Printer Status Report

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. On the product control panel, press Setup (). The Setup menu displays.

3. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select Tools, and then press the button () next to OK. The Tools menu displays.

4. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select Printer Status Report, and then press the button () next to OK. The Printer Status Report prints.

Figure : Example of the Printer Status Report

Image: Example of the Printer Status Report

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: https://hp.care/2HG1j1c (Solution Seven Onward)

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

As I will follow up to ensure your concern is resolved,

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for (trying to) help out here. 

I did a hard reset....however at step 8, it was different as - on plugging back the cord in the rear of the printer - it was automaticall on....

i did proceed with printing a printer status report but it failed....the displays shows 'printing' again, and the bar runs in the display, but unfortunately no sound and no outcome. 

HP Recommended

@bruinsslot

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

This could be a hardware malfunction, however, before we conclude that, we will need to reset the printer to factory defaults,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage 

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i,

did the partial reset. everything followed incl step 6. Then printing alighment page didn't work.

did the semifull reset , same story. on choosing 'print alignment page' both the power button and wifi signals started blinking. displays says 'printing alignment page' but nothing came out. At the second (semi full reset) there was more noise in the printer just before it should started printing, however....false alarm i am afraid. 

any more tricks in the house??? i have to go however now f, but please send me any help you might have and i will come back to you asap! thanks so much.

HP Recommended

@bruinsslot

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I wish there was more I could do,

However, we are at the end of the line, I'm afraid, these steps you've mentioned would conclude a hardware malfunction and as advised previously,

Please Contact HP to have the printer either repaired or replaced via HP:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.