Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
GT5820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer was in storage for a year. When I powered it on again, i am not able to print black and white. a black and white print comes as white paper.

Printed from mobile, printed from laptop, even making copy of a page also throws blank page. 

Color print is fade, and test page etc is not upto mark.

Printer firmware upgraded, did all with diagnostics tools, HP printer doctor, software based head alignment, automated fixes. Nothing works. Not sure what happened to my printer. It is brand new expensive printer. 

Pl try to help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had visited nearest HP Support center as there was no solution found. Those guys were very quick to identify the issue. "Dried Headers".

So beware, if you buy a Inktank printer, make sure that you print atleast once in 10 days. Or print heads will dry. You will need to replace them which is 10% of printer cost. So take care. 

I wasnt aware of this and it is not mentioned anywhere from HP for buyers of Inktank printer. 

I went abroad so kept my printer idle for 1.5 years and after coming back, it wasnt working. Ink heads dried and there is no solution other than replacing them. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AmolPV,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing black and you are also facing print quality issues.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you using new cartridges or the cartridges that came with the printer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you replace the cartridges and check whether the issue is resolved.

In case if you are using new cartridges then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-gt-5820-all-in-one-printer-series/8109015/document/c...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had visited nearest HP Support center as there was no solution found. Those guys were very quick to identify the issue. "Dried Headers".

So beware, if you buy a Inktank printer, make sure that you print atleast once in 10 days. Or print heads will dry. You will need to replace them which is 10% of printer cost. So take care. 

I wasnt aware of this and it is not mentioned anywhere from HP for buyers of Inktank printer. 

I went abroad so kept my printer idle for 1.5 years and after coming back, it wasnt working. Ink heads dried and there is no solution other than replacing them. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.