Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some reason my printer will no longer print colour documents from word, paint etc. Ive done a full reinstall and have cleaned and aligned all the printer cartridges. The printer quality diagostic prints in colour but nothing else does. I no longer have to option to choose colour/greyscale anymore. Please can someone help, im at a loss

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try to copy and check whether the colors are printed

If the colors are printed then issue might be with driver - Else it might be an issue with cartridge

Please check the ink levels on the front panel for verification

If the colors are printed fine when copying

Then remove the drivers completely

Please go to print/Quality and check the settings

ensure gray scale is not selected

If the issue persists

Install the 4500 class driver from Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

add printer

and select HP - Select 4500 class driver

Install and check whether issue gets resolved

I work For HP
HP Recommended

15571537573926903663460868897994.jpg

15571541368658853700191102095022.jpg

15571541944606762360695590537977.jpg

Ive also done a copy which prints perfectly in colour.  I do not have an option to turn from colour to greyscale as you can see. i shall uninstall the drivers again and install from the one you have attached

HP Recommended

Hi

Please try to follow the below document and check for gray scale setting in advanced menu

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05078948?jumpid=reg_r1002_inen_c-001_title_r0001

I work For HP
HP Recommended

Hi, many thanks for the help!! Installing the different drivers apparently have given me the colour option back so I can print in colour again!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, help, and I have already removed a few times the complete software of the printer and installed the full software from the HP site (Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers) but I doesn't make a difference. I can't find no longer find the option colour in the settings of this PC. On an other PC everything works fine ...

Knipsel.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.