Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I upgraded to Windows 10 and Word 2016, the envelope and label printing function would no longer work on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium all-in-one printer.  Please provide any possible solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @dshirley22,

Thanks for replying back.

I would at this point uninstall any previously installed printer software. If you need assistance with that here is a document that can help - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

Once the software is uninstalled, use the HP Printer Install Wizard to help install the software. This tool will search and find the most up to date version of the printer's software and drivers.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @dshirley22,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10, and since upgrading to Windows 10 and MS Word 2016 the envelope and label printing function doesn't work. I would like to help with that.

I would start by running that HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is a tool that can diagnose and fix printing and printer software issues. It might actually suggest installing the latest software and drivers if you haven't done that since upgrading to windows 10.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip, but the problem still exists after downloading the two  11-13-15 recommeded driver updates from HP.  Again, the printing problem only exists when trying to print envelopes or labels.  All other printing actions work just fine.

HP Recommended

Hi @dshirley22,

Thanks for replying back.

I would at this point uninstall any previously installed printer software. If you need assistance with that here is a document that can help - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

Once the software is uninstalled, use the HP Printer Install Wizard to help install the software. This tool will search and find the most up to date version of the printer's software and drivers.

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Uninstalling all my HP printer applications and reinstalling the software did the trick.  Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Deskjet 3632 with the same issue.  it tells me "Paper Size Mismatch... The paper size detected by the printer seonsor does not match the paper size selected in software...

I have done what was recommended... but it did not help.

I really depend on my printer for my letterhead and mailings... according to it's specifications, i should be able to print lables and envelopes of all sizes.

-Sonia

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.