Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print on 120 lb cardstick. Is the Officejet Pro 8035 capable?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@emcderment, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Yes, the printer is compatible to print on 120lb cardstock. Refer to the Product Specifications for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer (3UC66A) document for additional information on supported paper types and sizes.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

@emcderment 

Translation - Paper weights supported -  to Imperial:

Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (Imperial)16 to 28 lb (plain paper); 60 to 75 lb (photo); 20 to 24 lb (envelope); 90 to 110 lb (card)
Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (metric)60 to 105 g/m² (plain); 220 to 280 g/m² (photo); 75 to 90 g/m² (envelope); 163 to 200 g/m² (card)

NOTE:  For the purposes of this explanation, supported "card paper" for this printer is defined as Index paper - an ISO standard for this media type.  Reference: Specifications

What does that mean?

Your card paper is perhaps not media type "Index".

➡️  At 120lb imperial, your card paper is likely too heavy for the printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.