Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer series

Good midnight, I have HP officcejet pro 7740 printer, and when I print it was printed only in A3 format paper in Latok 1, but in Latok 2 I have A4 format paper, please help me to change and correct it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lia3717

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to change the paper size while printing. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

When did this issue start?

Did you do any hardware or software changes?

How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?

Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile

If this printer is connected to a windows computer,follow the below steps:

Adjust the paper size setting

1. In the program you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

2. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Click Advanced, if necessary, and then click Paper Size.

Figure : Selecting the correct paper size

Selecting the correct paper size
  5. Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray, and then click OK. If there are no matching paper sizes, select the size from the list that is closest to the size of the paper loaded in the tray.

6. Click OK, and then try to print.

Check the paper source setting

1. Remove all the paper from all the printer input trays.

2. Reload the paper, and then adjust the paper width guides so they gently rest against the edge of the paper stack.

3. In the program you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

4. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then click Paper Source to select the correct tray.

Reset the printer

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer.

If it is connected to a Mac computer, Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the HP Document.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lia3717

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to change the paper size while printing. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

When did this issue start?

Did you do any hardware or software changes?

How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?

Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile

If this printer is connected to a windows computer,follow the below steps:

Adjust the paper size setting

1. In the program you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

2. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Click Advanced, if necessary, and then click Paper Size.

Figure : Selecting the correct paper size

Selecting the correct paper size
  5. Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray, and then click OK. If there are no matching paper sizes, select the size from the list that is closest to the size of the paper loaded in the tray.

Check the paper source setting

1. Remove all the paper from all the printer input trays.

2. Reload the paper, and then adjust the paper width guides so they gently rest against the edge of the paper stack.

3. In the program you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

4. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then click Paper Source to select the correct tray.

Reset the printer

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer.

If it is connected to a Mac computer, Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the HP Document.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good evening  Dear sandytechy20
I just tried to change the locations of trays as U help me: from printer properties- paper quality -paper source and I could to print my jobs from tray 2 as A4, as I had put papers/A3/ in tray #1/main tray/. 

Thank U very much, have a good and kind  working day.

HP Recommended

@Lia3717

Hi,

you're welcome. 🙂

as @sandytechy20 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I'm glad that the issue is fixed and the printer is working fine. I truly appreciate your efforts. 

Happy printing!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.