Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet Pro 8028
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently got an Officejet Pro 8028 from Costco. I am trying to scan multiple pages with a resolution higher than 300 ppi from my flatbed. Apparently the sotfware will allow multiple pages into a single document only in low resolution. I have searched the forum to see if there is a way to bypass that software restriction and found nothing. I am even more frustrated because i used to own a Deskjet 4480 almost 10 years ago and was able to do it.

If not can HP software developers fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

For any HP printers manufactured at 2010 or later, the HP Scan application only allows scanning multiple pages up to 300 dpi, this is how the HP Software is designed.

You may look for 3rd party applications which may better meet your needs.

VueScan as an example supports scanning multiple pages from the Flatbed, I could successfully scan multiple pages in 600 dpi while testing:

https://www.hamrick.com/

You may also check NAPS2 which is a freeware option, I could get similar results with it too:

https://www.naps2.com/

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing me to the other software that do exactly what I need. I would have preferred to have my hp software do it directly as they are already doing for lower resolution scan. I am bothered because if they did not have the functionality at all, I might have seen it as probably a licensing fee that they don't want to pay. 

Can someone please clarify the reason behind the decision taken in 2010 and why it is still valid today while other manufacturers offer the feature. I am not a software developer but I don't think it would be terribly hard to unlock the feature at least for flatbed scans.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.