Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6700 - H711
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have been having a problem getting my OfficeJet to print.  

1. First I went re-installed the most current driver.  That did not solve the problem.

2. Ran Scan Doctor and it says there was no connection to the printer.

3. Then, in the middle of this, my internet provider changed my modem with a new one which has an internal WiFi Router.

4. I got that online with my PC (Toshiba).  The internal router has options for 2.4 and 5G.  Field servcie suggested I use 5G because there is less traffic.

5.  Back at the Office Jet electronic network wizard - it sees both the 2.4 and 5G options.  But when I setup through the wizard and try printing, it still doesn't print.

6. The Wifi signal is flashing blue and the other part is greyed out.

7.  Run Scan Doctor, it still says the router is not connected?

8. Tried connecting with both the 2.4 and 5G options 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. =0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Back again, Benhion... 

Your mention of running dual bands was very helpful.  I was connected to the 5G instead of 2.4G.  Now that I know my printer doesn't take the 5G,  when I want to print, I connect to the 2.4G option.  This was critical to getting to a solution.  so thank you very much.

I took one more step to get it to start printing again.  Under the Devices and Printer options,  I removed my default printer. 

That refreshed some settings.  Then I restarted that PC.  Once I came back online,  it connected to print.

Thank you so much for your garcious help.  =0)  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

>>> 4. I got that online with my PC (Toshiba).  The internal router has options for 2.4 and 5G.  Field servcie suggested I use 5G because there is less traffic.

@DebH711

Printer supports 2,4GHz only. You need to allow your router to broadcast BOTH (dual) bands. Please check your Toshiba, can it see BOTH SSID's ? For example: my machines can see BOTH SSID's from my router and few more from my neighbors:

ssids.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Yes, the network lists both options.  I have connected the 2.4G option only, but it still says the printer is offline.

I am in the process of looking at the Microsoft updates, but it looks like the KB3147458 update had serious flaws.  I cannot find it to update.

I have, also, gone to the spooler settings to make sure Pause and Print Offline are not selected.

Regards DebH711

HP Recommended

Back again, Benhion... 

Your mention of running dual bands was very helpful.  I was connected to the 5G instead of 2.4G.  Now that I know my printer doesn't take the 5G,  when I want to print, I connect to the 2.4G option.  This was critical to getting to a solution.  so thank you very much.

I took one more step to get it to start printing again.  Under the Devices and Printer options,  I removed my default printer. 

That refreshed some settings.  Then I restarted that PC.  Once I came back online,  it connected to print.

Thank you so much for your garcious help.  =0)  

HP Recommended

Hi, I will try to help you.  Would you please let me know what operating system are you using?

HP Recommended

My apologies, I'm new to this.  I see that you are using Windows 10.  I had this issue and I found out that my printer was not on my Home Network.  I am assuming that both your computer and your printer are on the same SSID.

Try this:

Go to Control Panel.  Click on Network and Internet.  Under Network Sharing Center click on View network computers and devices.  If your system is not discoverable Windows will give you the option to turn on the discover option.  You should be able to see your printer.

Let me know if this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have some advice you may wish to try out as below.

Wi-Fi signal is flashing blue means, printer is not connected to wireless router.

• if you have seen both 2.4G and 5G network (SSID) from you printer , try focus only connect to 2.4G.
  • Note that, you will need to key in the correct password for you 2.4G network. ( this is the password of your router. please note that password may not be same for 2.4G and 5G network although using the same router, if your router has password and printer doesn’t prompt you to key in the password, there might some problem, in this case you may wish to clear the password on your router to try out).
  • if connection is successful, solid blue LED should be stable blue. ( not blinking)
  • you will see the IP address and network SSID ( home menu >> wireless logo)
  • if still blinking, connection is not successful, try following steps
    • bring printer close to the wireless router to make sure printer received strong signal, (you can try <3m )
    • set IP address to Automatic  ( home >> wireless logo >> setting >> advance setting >>
    • try reset the network setting (home >> wireless logo >> setting >> restore network setting >>
    • Power cycle the printer.
    • Connect using the wireless setup wizard again.you should see Blue LED light up ( without blinking after connect )
    •  (Only continue below steps if you have solid Blue LED, if LED is still blinking, you will not need to continue below as printer still cannot to the router)
    • Next step, 
    • After you successfully connected printer to router (by observing the solid blue LED and IP address on the printer)
    • **Note that, based on the printer model you have there may be slight different in UI menu layout.
  • connect you PC to the router either by ethernet cable or wireless connection ( same router you connect your printer to )
  • Use command prompt widow, to do the ping test from PC to printer, to check the wireless communication from PC to printer is OK.  for example, ping 192.168.1.101   ( where IP address is the one you read from UI menu of the printer mentioned in the above step, if you are not sure how to do ping test, then you can skip ping test and continue below)
  • If ping test is successful, then you may wish to try print from you application. Make sure printer is added in control panel > devices and printer list.  ( if not you may wish to reinstall printer driver)
  • Hope this help and let me know if solve.
  •  
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.