Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 250
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i bought this printer new about 4 months ago. Has been working fine til I turned on today now when it tries to sheetfeed is pulling down on left and damaging the sheet of paper on the leading edge about 6" from the left side. I watched the video, checked for jammed paper or foreign object, found none, cleaned the sheet roller.  Feel like something is catching where the papers damaged. Help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RoMcq Greetings from the HP Community!

I know you've cleaned the rollers among others, however, I have three step by step guide that is sure to help resolve the issue, please follow the below steps as it has helped many when done in the below sequence:

Step 1: Check the condition of the paper and reload it

The type and condition of paper can affect the way your printer picks paper. The edges of low-quality paper that has absorbed moisture might curl or lift the sheet so the paper does not feed into the printer.

Use these steps to check and then re-stack your paper.

1. Remove the stack of paper from the paper tray.

2. Use 25 sheets of new plain white paper to form a stack of paper.

3. Tap the stack of paper on a flat surface to align the edges.

note:

Do not fan the paper by running your fingers through the paper stack.

4. Insert the stack of paper into the paper tray.

5. Slide in the paper width guide to the edge of the paper stack. Make sure that the guide rests gently against the paper stack and does not bind it.

6. Try printing again.

• If the issue is not resolved, try loading different brands of paper and different types of paper, one type at a time, into the printer and then try printing again.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the pick rollers and cause paper feed issues. To help prevent paper feed issues, clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer (if equipped).

1. Press the power button to turn off the printer.

2. Wait for the printer park the print cartridges, until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Open the access door to gain access to the pick rollers. Depending on the model, this is usually the rear access door or duplexer.

If your printer does not have a rear access door or duplexer, then access the pick rollers from the front by removing the main paper tray.

4. Find the large rubber pick rollers.

Large rubber pick rollers

5. Lightly moisten a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled, filtered, or bottled water.

caution:

Do not use tap water or alcohol. Alcohol can dry out rollers. Tap water contains impurities that can damage rollers.

6. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup.

Remove dust or dirt buildup from rollers

7. If your printer has a duplexer, clean the rollers on the duplexer as well.

8. Close the access door (if you removed it), replace the paper tray (if you removed it), and reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

9. Press the power button to turn on the printer if it did not power on automatically.

10. The printer makes noise after it is turned on. Wait for the noise to stop before continuing.

11. Try printing again.

If the issue is not resolved, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Reset the printer

If the other steps in this document fail to resolve the issue, then reset the printer.

1. Without turning the printer off, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

3. Press the power button to turn on the printer, if it did not power on automatically.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.