Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have scanned to PDF format an image in Portrait and want it rotated 90 deg and printed full page in Landscape mode. The image is saved to my Win 10 laptop as a Internet Explorer file.  I've changed the Print options in Control Panel as well as Printer options to Landscape.  It refuses to change from original scanned format.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DrysuitDoug 

If you have not done so, Download-Save-Install the printer software.

and / or

• Download-and-Save the Full Feature Software or HP Easy Start Printer Setup for your Operating System version.
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the software installation package (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation

NOTE

1. If you use the EasyStart method, select the Full Feature Software (full driver) when the option is presented.
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

If you have not done so,

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC /Optional  Foxit Reader)

• HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software
  • Adobe Reader DC software should be installed even if you do not open / view / print PDF files directly from the software.

Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader DC

Click the print icon

Set the options, including the orientation.

Example

Manage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1DManage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1D

PDF - Print as Image

If the file will not print due to unusual content (odd fonts, color schemes, tables, other oddities), print the file as an Image.  Image printing does not require the printer software to translate file content.

Open the offending PDF file in Adobe Reader DC > File > Print > Advanced >>

1. Set the printer select the colors (Optional)
  2. Print the PDF file as an image

References

Printing Documents (Windows)

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2630 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I had to Print the PDF then Save as Image and edit it with Snip & Clip. The edited file then Printed rotated and in Landscape mode as I wanted. Did go through the step as far as I could Dragon-Fur but ran into pricing issues with Adobe. I double checked and re loaded all the mentioned HP software. Your input got me thinking down different lines and I have resolved this Scan & Print.  

HP Recommended

@DrysuitDoug 

You are welcome.

Our intention is always to either provide the solution straight out or at least point in the right direction.  Smiling.

Thanks for posting back - every bit of information is helpful for those seeking help.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.