Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 6956
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have been using CorelDraw 3 for several years and it has been able to print to my old printer HP B209.

I am using Windows 7 32 bit on one computer and Windows 10 32 bit on a second computer.  The program will not run in Windows 64 bit.

Since installing my new HP Officejet 6956 printer I get the following message when I try to print.  Print destination cannot be activated. Printing is cancelled.  The printer box comes up and i can change paper size, orientation, and all the other settings, so the program recognizes the printer, but it will not print.

I can print from all my other programs eg. Word, Excel, Photoshop etc, without any problems.

I am thinking that because the problem is only with CorelDraw the program is so old that the printer does not recognize the output.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Henry

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Imadriver, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This seems like an issue with the Application CorelDraw 3 as it is printing fine from all other applications.

Check for any available updates or re-install the application.

I would suggest you contact the application manufacturer for more assistance.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar0307

I solved the problem.

I changed the connection setting of the printer from WSD/IP to TCP/IP.

Find your printer IP Address

Open Devices and Printers, click on Add Printer, Add Network Printer, The Printer is not listed, Next.

Click on Add a network printer, Add a printer using TCP/IP address, Next, click on down arrow, TCP/IP device.

Enter IP Address, click on Printer Name and model, next, type a name for your printer, install.

I can now print from my Coreldraw 3 which is a very old program, and is no longer supported.  I do not use it very much, so it is not worth buying the latest version.

Thanks for your effort

Regards

Henry

HP Recommended

@Imadriver

Glad to know you found a solution and the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.