Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3762
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi everybody,

Since I installed my new DeskJet 3762, it has had a recurrent problem with black printing. It either skips lines or has horizontal streaks. Some lines always miss the top or bottom, while some lines are perfectly printed.

After resetting, and running the general maintenance, and cleaning the problem persists.  

The printer is just a month old. The ink cartridges are new. 

When printing the alignment page, it even fails to do so and only prints just a few sections of it. 

I have tried to contact HP support but, the phone line never picks up, and the online support tchat seems to be deserted by the team as it's been 4 hours since I last dropped them a message. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Are you using the black cartridge that came with the printer?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.