Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5522
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a keen photographer so chose the HP Envy 5532 as it told me it was excellent for printing photographs. But it prints far too dark. The pictures are unusable. A pale cream wall is brown! A lady's grey hair is black! They are nothing like the colours  on my monitor. I have lightened them as much as I can but I shouldn't have to do this and it still doesn't work. From reading other posts there is nothing that can be done. I was misled to buy this printer,  my old one printed true colours. How can this 'advanced' one be so poor? What can be done?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Erin01 wrote:

I'm a keen photographer so chose the HP Envy 5532 as it told me it was excellent for printing photographs.....

@Erin01 

From my view and understanding HP Envy 5532 is NOT for photographers, it is a low end printer for normal office works. My questions

1. Which software do you use to print ? You need a right software and Photo Creations is the one for HP printers
  2. Do you use the right papers ? Normally printers have to know the right paper(s) to be able to mix/release  inks properly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Dear Banhien

I am puzzled that you are an 'expert' yet aren't aware that Photo Creations is no longer available from November 2019!

I am also puzzled that you think HP Envy 5532 is not good for printing photographs. Perhaps you can comment on the fact it is marketed by HP as printing 'lab-quality photos.'  And other websites saying 'good quality' and 'quality sharp photos.' The pictures are definitely NOT lab-quality, neither are they sharp or good quality. they aren't even average. I've struggled with this printer for soooooo long thinking it's my fault, but having read other reviews I realise that it's a fault of the machine.

I have used various papers, both HP and others and there is absolutely no difference between them.

Looking forward to your comments.

•  

•  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.