Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having a problem. I've restarted everything, reinstalled everything, tried reconnecting everything and cannot get the printer added to my macbook. I can print just fine from my iphone.

I do not have antivirus software installed on my Mac.

I have the printer set to 2.4 GHz and IPv4, IP Automatic, Proxy Settings Off

I have an HP Envy 5055 (and I've gotten everything to work previously, but I went to use the printer and it said offline)

Router: ArrisNVG589

I recently updated OS 10.14

I did a ping test and couldn't connect with the printer

Everytime I try to manually add the printer using HP Jetdirect - Socket or Airprint I get "Unable to verify the printer on your network"

Please help! I've been trying to fix this for 3 hours!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @techsocialite,

We might be able to resolve the issue by resetting the printer network settings and reconnecting it back to your home WiFi. Here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch  (Setup). Touch "Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings" and touch Yes.

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) On the printer control panel, touch .

7.) Touch the Settings icon . Touch Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @techsocialite,

We might be able to resolve the issue by resetting the printer network settings and reconnecting it back to your home WiFi. Here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch  (Setup). Touch "Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings" and touch Yes.

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) On the printer control panel, touch .

7.) Touch the Settings icon . Touch Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.