Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My wireless printer was set up by a USB cable before, now I am trying to set it up wireless without USB cable (and I don't have a USB cable anymore.  So my printer isn't reacting when I try and print something from my computer.  I have already downloaded the cd for the printer, and the printer gives the network address for the wireless connection is correct

I am quite technically challenged!! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JM-45,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Deskjet 3052A e-All-in-One Printer wherein you want to connect it to the wireless network.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

I suggest that you purchase the USB cable if it is required during wireless setup.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @JM-45,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Deskjet 3052A e-All-in-One Printer wherein you want to connect it to the wireless network.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

I suggest that you purchase the USB cable if it is required during wireless setup.

Let me know how this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your reply!! This is my first time on this forum. I believe, unfortunately, I will be on the receiving end of the forum as I am totally technically challenged. I am on a permanent disability and haven't been in the working world for quite some time.
My problem is, I have a USB cable, but my modem is on the other side of my living room. I would need to purchase one approximately 20 feet long or more. Do they even make them that long?
HP Recommended

Hi @JM-45,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if you need to connect the USB cable to the computer or modem as the modem is very far from the printer.

You need to connect the USB cable only to the computer and not the modem.

Please follow page no. 32 of the user guide from the link: User Guide

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @JM-45,

You are welcome.

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.