Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Product: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n
Serial Number: edited

We had Z20 cartridges in the printer in 2017. I bought the printer at Office Depot in Colorado,  and we still live in Colorado. 

I bought new cartridges at Sam's, and they are Z10's. We need a reset code.

I filled out a form disputing their assessment on hp.com. They sent a few e-mails with a case number on Nov 28 and closed the case on Nov 29. My son called the 800# they provided, and asked for a reset code. He had the page ready to input the code. The rep said he would get fired if he gave us the code.

Please, we just need a reset code.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The agent you spoke to likely did not have access to the restricted program that generates the proper reset code for your printer.  (The code for a different printer, or a code reused from a previous time, or random numbers WILL NOT WORK and may "brick" your printer.) 

These days it seems the best success is had posting on the HP Support Facebook page here. You may need to wait until Monday morning.  Be sure to post the details of your case and mention you need a "Regionalization Reset".  Once the reset is done you will need to replace all the Z20 cartridges in the printer with Z10 cartridges.

Please post back here with the results.  If further help is needed I can ask to have your case escalated, but the Facebook method is likely to be a faster process.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Did you get your issue resolved?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.